Dr. Richard Maw’s Bio and Credentials
Richard Maw, M.D. is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He has performed over 35,000 LASIK procedures since 1999. He was fellowship-trained at the Harvard Medical School and received his medical degree from the University of Iowa College of Medicine. Dr. Maw has been trusted to perform LASIK on friends, family, doctors, surgeons (including other eye surgeons), lawyers, military fighter pilots, commercial airline pilots, Olympic athletes, and professional athletes. He has also had LASIK himself.
He has performed extensive research in ophthalmology and published numerous articles in peer review journals. He has presented dozens of scientific papers on LASIK to the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the International Society of Refractive Surgery, and the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. Dr. Maw was among the first doctors in the world to prove that using larger optical zones during LASIK reduces the occurrence of night glare, and one of the first doctors in the Northeast to perform LASIK for hyperopia and hyperopia with astigmatism. He has participated in FDA monitored clinical trials for LASIK for hyperopia, LASIK for hyperopia with astigmatism, and scleral expansion band placement for the reversal of presbyopia with Dr. Soloway at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary.
“I am very proud to partner with LasikPlus. We specialize in LASIK, and we are committed to being the best! We offer the latest technology, very-reasonable prices, flexible payment-plans, and a specialized-staff with unsurpassed-experience. We are great at LASIK, and we love doing it!” —Richard Maw, MD
Dr. Maw’s Education
- University of Iowa, College of Medicine, M.D.
- Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Fellowship
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, Fellowship
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, Residency
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American College of Eye Surgeons