Dr. Frederick Nelson’s Bio and Credentials
Dr. Frederick Nelson, MD, is a distinguished Comprehensive Ophthalmologist recognized for his expertise in Refractive procedures such as LASIK and PRK, as well as Cataract Surgery. As the current Medical Director of Ophthalmology at Nellis Air Force Base and an Assistant Professor of Surgery at the esteemed Uniformed Services University – known as “America’s Medical School”– Dr. Nelson brings an unparalleled depth of knowledge and skill to his practice.
With a medical school training in the Washington, DC area and Ophthalmology Residency completed in San Antonio, TX, Dr. Nelson embodies a commitment to excellence in eye care. His fervor for eye surgery is matched only by his dedication to his patients’ well-being, ensuring each individual enjoys an exceptional experience under his care.
Having personally undergone LASIK, Dr. Nelson understands the significance of a smooth and enjoyable refractive surgery journey. He focuses on delivering this same level of seamless experience to every patient he treats, relishing the joy of witnessing patients regain clear vision after LASIK – a gratifying aspect of his role.
Dr. Nelson’s Education
- Brigham Young University, BS in Public Health
- Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, Maryland, MD
- San Antonio Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences, Internship and Residency
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- Uniformed Services University – Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
- Co-founder and Director of Campaigns, PreserVisionaries (non-profit)
- Medical Director of Ophthalmology – Nellis Air Force Base
- Active Duty, United States Air Force
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- President, Gold Humanism Honors Society (2017-2018)