Dr. Christopher Bryant Smith’s Bio and Credentials
Dr. Smith is a fellowship-trained, board-certified ophthalmologist. He graduated from the medical school University of Texas Medical Branch in Austin, Texas. He completed an ophthalmology residency program at Saint Louis University. He was named Top Resident in his class and served as the Chief Resident during his training in Saint Louis. He successfully completed one of the top cornea/refractive fellowships in the country at the Moran Eye Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
He has published in multiple ophthalmology journals. He loves teaching and training others and frequently presents at different continuing medical education (CME) conferences. He is an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Board of Ophthalmology, and the Utah Ophthalmology Society.
Dr. Smith has extensive experience in LASIK. This is his passion and wants only the best results for every person that walks into his door.
Dr. Smith loves being outside with his wife and children. He loves running, biking, and skiing. He is always looking for a good book, so please come with suggestions!
Dr. Smith’s Education
- Brigham Young University, B.S.
- University of Texas Medical Branch in Austin, Texas, M.D.
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Internship
- Saint Louis University Eye Institute, Ophthalmology Residency Chief resident (2016-2017)
- University of Utah, Moran Eye Center, Cornea/Refractive Fellowship
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board-Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Utah Ophthalmology Society