Dr. T. Christopher McCurry’s Bio and Credentials
T. Christopher McCurry, M.D. is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. McCurry joined LasikPlus in 2019, bringing years of refractive surgery experience having been in the field as a surgeon since 2013. Dr. McCurry obtained M.B.A. and M.D. degrees simultaneously from the Medical University of South Carolina and The Citadel Graduate College. He completed his residency at the University of Virginia and his refractive fellowship was specifically dedicated to LASIK and PRK at Hunter Vision. Dr. McCurry has presented numerous times at national ophthalmology meetings and is published by multiple ophthalmology societies including the American Academy of Ophthalmology Dr. McCurry has a B.S. in Civil Engineering but decided on a career in medicine so he can have a personal impact on people. He has had the honor of going on multiple Global Ophthalmic mission trips, helping people in Peru and South Africa. In his free time, he loves doing outdoor activities with his wife and two sons.
Dr. McCurry’s Education
- Medical University of South Carolina, M.D.
- University of South Carolina, Internship
- University of Virginia, Residency (Chief resident during last year of residency)
- Hunter Vision, Refractive Fellowship
- The Citadel Graduate College, M.B.A.
- University of South Carolina, B.S.
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery