Dr. Sean Edelstein’s Bio and Credentials
Sean Edelstein, M.D. is a diplomat of, and double board-certified by, the American Board of Ophthalmology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Edelstein completed a Cornea and Refractive Surgery fellowship at Washington University in St. Louis and joined LasikPlus in early 2020. Dr. Edelstein serves as Associate Professor at St. Louis University and is Director of Cornea Services for their residency training program. He has particular expertise in laser refractive surgery, lens-based and cataract surgery, and corneal transplantation. In recognition of his expertise, he has been named one of the Best Doctors in America every year since 2011. In his free time, Dr. Edelstein likes to travel, cycle, and spend time with his family.
Dr. Edelstein’s Education
- University of Cape Town, M.D.
- Internal Medicine Residency, St. Mary’s Health Center, St. Louis
- Ophthalmology Residency, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis
- Cornea & Refractive Surgery Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Eye Bank Association of America
- Cornea Society