Dr. Lewis Groden’s Bio and Credentials
Lewis Groden, M.D. is an examiner with and board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Groden joined LasikPlus in 2000 where he currently serves as Executive Medical Director. In total, Dr. Groden has performed over 81,000 laser vision correction procedures.
Dr. Groden serves as the Director of Cornea Service for the University of South Florida Department of Ophthalmology. He is also Co-Director and Associate Professor in their Residency program. He has been recognized in the top 1% of LASIK laser eye surgery and refractive surgeon specialists in the United States as designated by Trusted LASIK Surgeons.
In 2012, Dr. Groden was presented with the Light of Sight Award for his exceptional dedication to the Lions Eye Institute for Transplant and Research through his philanthropic contributions, volunteerism and other good works.
“Seeing the difference we make in the way people live their lives is something I love about being a laser vision correction doctor. I have had LASIK and know what a wonderful procedure it is – I am fortunate to be able to bring this to others.” – Lewis Groden, M.D.
Dr. Groden’s Education
- State University of New York, College of Medicine, M.D.
- Eye and Ear Hospital University of Pittsburgh, Ophthalmology
- Williams College, B.A.
- Wills Eye Hospital, Cornea Fellowship
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- Recognized in the top 1% of LASIK laser eye surgery and refractive surgeons specialists in the United States as designated by Trusted LASIK Surgeons
- Voted by peers as one of the Best LASIK Surgeons in America by Best Doctors, Inc.
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Examiner and Board Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Cornea Society
- Ocular Microbiology and Immunology Group
- Paton Society/Eye Bank Association of America where he has volunteered thousands of hours serving as Medical Director of the Lions Eye Institute for Transplant and Research making them one of the most successful eye banks in the world