Dr. Eugene Smith’s Bio and Credentials
Eugene Smith, M.D. is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Smith has been performing laser vision correction since 2000 when he joined LasikPlus. In total, Dr. Smith has performed over 142,000 laser vision corrections.
Dr. Smith completed 7 years of surgical training after finishing medical school and has been in practice for more than 12 years since completing training. His extensive qualifications place him among the best LASIK and refractive surgeons in the United States as recognized by Trusted LASIK Surgeons. He has also published LASIK-related articles in peer review journals and has written several chapters for textbooks.
Dr. Smith’s hobbies include scuba diving, flying planes, snowboarding, mixed martial arts and reading. Since having three kids, he and his wife have put most of these hobbies on hold. Together, they are making a list of scuba diving sites they would like to visit someday.
“LASIK is one of the most gratifying procedures I have ever performed. It is incredibly rewarding for me to see so many happy LASIK patients!” – Dr. Eugene Smith, M.D.
Dr. Smith’s Education
- Medical College of Georgia, M.D.
- Brown University School of Medicine
- University of Hawaii, Integrated Transitional Residency Program
- Rhode Island Hospital, Department of Surgery
- Providence, RI, Department of Ophthalmology
- U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
- University of Georgia, B.S.
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- Designated as Top Doctor by Trusted LASIK Surgeons