Jordan Thomson, D.O. is an expert cataract and refractive surgeon who is board-certified by and a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology. He brings his experience of having performed more than 10,000 LASIK procedures to our Las Vegas LASIK Vision Center.
Dr. Thomson is a graduate of the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine at Virginia Tech and also received education in ophthalmology from the Colby College at Harvard University. He went on to complete his Ophthalmology Residency at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Upon completing his Residency, Dr. Thomson served as the Chief of Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center in Fort Hood where he led one of the military’s highest demand LASIK centers where he had the privilege of performing and overseeing the eye care for active duty military members and their families. It was here that he was consistently ranked highest in productivity for the entire Surgery Department and ranked 7th among all military ophthalmologists and was awarded the Army Achievement Medal and Army Commendation Medal. His passion for ophthalmology and refractive surgery led him to teach others through his work as an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Texas A&M College of Medicine.
Dr. Thomson is excited about the opportunity to provide members of the Las Vegas community with refractive surgery to positively impact their lives and enhance their vision.
Dr. Thomson spends his time away from work exploring the great outdoors with his family (wife and 3 children). He also volunteers as a little league coach for baseball and soccer.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- Utah Valley University, B.S.
- Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, D.O.
- Colby College/Harvard University, Lancaster Course in Ophthalmology .
- National Capital Consortium, Transitional Year Internship
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Ophthalmology Residency
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Refractive Surgery Alliance
- Army Commendation Medal
- Army Achievement Medal
- Army Superior Unit Award