Dr. Christopher Gabriels’s Bio and Credentials
Christopher Gabriels, M.D. is board certified in both ophthalmology and internal medicine, and has specialized in laser vision correction for over 20 years. He is a third-generation ophthalmologist that has spent his entire career in Upstate New York.
At LasikPlus, Dr. Gabriels is dedicated to using the most advanced technology and laser techniques to correct your vision safely and effectively. After getting his Medical Degree at Albany Medical College, Dr. Gabriels completed his Internal Medicine residency and internship at Albany Medical Hospital, then later completed his Ophthalmology residency at New York Medical College after he realized ophthalmology was his true passion.
“Growing up with a father and grandfather who were ophthalmologists, it was only natural that I aspired to be one too. Especially since my father would repeatedly tell me that there was nothing better for me to do with my life than to become an ophthalmologist.”
Dr. Gabriels’s Education
- New York Medical College, Ophthalmology Residency
- Albany Medical Center, Internal Medicine Residency
- Albany Medical College, M.D.
- Union College, B.S.
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- New York State Ophthalmological Society
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery